Frankie

Gancho: A História Não Contada

A Sinfonia do Submundo

How to use Instagram without seeing your feed (YES, it's possible!)


Reading time: 3 minutes

A lot of us, authors, and business owners in general, need to work with our social media, and Instagram is by far, the most popular, and perhaps, easiest one to use, especially for beginners that have little experience with business and marketing.

However, it's not easy most of the time, especially considering we're not just content creators, but also content consumers. And here is the trap, because social media is made to make us addicted. Everything is heavily calculated to lead us to traps of endlessly scrolling and taking up our time. And the majority of people don't even realize it!

I'll talk about my personal history to give you some context. I had my fair share of issues with social media, and there was a time when I deleted all of them. Instagram, twitter, facebook... Everything. It was liberating, it increased my creativity, it made me feel better. But when I started my writing career in 2023, I had to go back to Instagram to promote myself and my work. My mentality was to use only for me and not consume any content, but as I said, Instagram is programmed to make you spend as much time as possible there.

It didn't take long for me to fall into the rabbit hole again, following celebs, consuming their content, stalking, creating unbased stories in my head, comparing myself to other people and when I looked at it, I spent around three hours on Instagram, consuming content that just made me feel stressed and increased anxiety to scary levels (not to mention those ads that show up on the feed ALL THE TIME)

I had other "side" social medias, like Tumblr, that were just to consume content I liked, and I deleted them too because of how draining it was all turning to be. But Instagram I couldn't, because I needed to promote my work. And this damn pink app, with pink circles around people's pictures wasn't helping me, despite my effort (hiding the app, reducing screen time, etc). It was almost an abusive relationship.

But recently I found THE solution, that was there all the time but I never noticed. Maybe you already know, but I didn't, and when I found out I just wanted to tell everyone.

The solution is called: Meta Business Suite. And I swear I AM NOT PROMOTING, I am just sharing something that was life changing for me.

The app allows you to post your stories, reels and pictures on your feed, without having Instagram downloaded on your phone. In Meta Business, you create your content, but you don't consume content from others. You can still answer comments, see who liked your photos, boost your posts and basically everything you do on your normal Instagram, but without the risk of falling in an endless scrolling trap. You just have to download and log in with your Instagram account and it's done! Obviously, there are limitations compared to the actual Instagram app, but overall it's a lifesaver!

You can also program your posts in this app, so it will be posted at an specific time of the day that you choose. You'll only have to worry with creating your content and interacting with people who interact with you! Enough of endless rabbit holes again!

Meta Business can also be accessed on your web browser in your computer. So instead of managing your account from the Instagram website, go to Meta instead!

(Just an add that you don't need a Facebook account, you can connect just your Instagram! I personally, don't have Facebook and it's working for me)

I really hope I helped some of you that also go through this, and that by exploring this app you can have some peace of mind now while using Instagram.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

If you're into poetry and want to support a new writer, stay tuned! My first poetry book is coming soon on Amazon and I'll love to have you as my reader! Follow me, to be updated when it's out! ❤️

 

Comentários