Pular para o conteúdo principal

Comece por aqui!

Transylvania's Beast (2024)

Synopsis:

When a traveller gets lost on a trip to Transylvania, he stops at a castle to spend the night and perhaps find some help. He is taken in by a beautiful woman who allows him to stay as long as he needs, but warns him not to wander around the castle at night. The reason? The castle is cursed, and every night a bloodthirsty beast prowls the castle looking for its next victim. But... what if that beast is the one who needs saving?

(This story was inspired by Beauty and the Beast by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont and Dracula by Bram Stoker)


Chapter 1

As Benjamin made his way through the dense forests of the Carpathian Mountains, he couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of awe at the sheer beauty of his surroundings. He had planned his route carefully, but as the hours passed, he realized he had become disoriented and lost. The surrounding trees all seemed to look the same, and the sun was starting to dip below the horizon, casting long shadows across the forest floor. Panic began to set in as the realization of being lost in such an unfamiliar place sank in. Benjamin tried retracing his steps, but the forest seemed to shift around him, making it difficult to navigate.

As he guided his horse through the forest, he saw the shadows of a building in the horizon.

He guided his horse towards the mysterious building, and the closer they got, they saw it was actually a wonderful and enormous castle.

As he got closer, he could see the castle's high walls made of stone and its large, arched windows with intricate carvings.

He found an open stable on the surroundings and let his horse take a rest. Then, he got closer to the doors, but when he was about to knock, the door opened by itself.

He entered, expecting to find his host, but saw no one.

"Hello, there", he said looking around the marvelous decoration of the room, "I am a traveler and I got lost. It's really bleak outside, and I couldn't find my way back. Can I stay for the night?"

There were some minutes of silence, but suddenly a female voice answered

"Of course you can! Please, the house is yours!"

He tried to find the owner of that lovely voice, but saw no one

"Thank you, my lady", he said, bowing to no one

"There is a table in the dinning room waiting for you. I am sorry I cannot go upstairs to receive you, but make yourself at home".

Benjamin made his way to the dining room, amazed at the grandeur of the castle. The room was adorned with chandeliers, tapestries, and fine china. A warm fire crackled in the fireplace, casting flickering shadows on the walls. He couldn't help but wonder who was the woman that lived in such a magnificent place. He sat down at the table and was surprised to find a feast waiting for him. Roasted meats, fresh vegetables, and bread filled the table. He couldn't believe his luck, but also couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. Who had prepared this meal for him? Why had the host not revealed herself yet? He pushed these thoughts aside and began to eat, savoring the delicious flavors of the food.

As he finished his meal, he heard footsteps approaching. He turned around to see a figure dressed in a long, flowing gown. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, with long, dark hair and piercing eyes. He immediately got up and bowed to her.

"Thank you for your hospitality, my lady"

"You don't need to thank me, it's a pleasure to have you here. I'm Adeline, the lady of the castle."

"I am Benjamin Walker"

He held her hand to kiss, like a gentleman, and felt a shock all over his body. Her hand was deadly cold. But he kept his manners and placed a kiss on her hand.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't receive you properly before. I prefer to stay... hidden away from the world, sometimes".

"You don't have to apologize for it. And I don't intend to stay for a lot of time. I just needed a place to sleep, and perhaps, some maps that could guide me through these mountains".

"Perfect! There is a library upstairs. It is at the east wing. Your room is also there".

Suddenly, a curiosity sparked on Benjamin

"And what about the west wing? There are a lot of corridors from what could I see".

Adeline didn't seem pleased by his question, but tried her best to stay polite

"It's where my room is. You cannot go there", she stated, firmly.

"All right. I promise I won't invade your side of the house".

The woman smiled, and Benjamin had the slight impression, he saw a weird shining on her teeth.

"Perfect! I have to get some rest now. But before, I'll take you to your room".

She guided him upstairs and left him in front of the door of his room.

"I have only one more warning, Mr. Walker", she said holding his arm, and he felt again the cold emanating from her pale skin, "Tonight is an exception because you've just arrived, but while you're staying, you cannot walk around the castle after midnight"

"Sorry for asking, but why not, my lady?"

"There is a beast surrounding this castle. It appears after midnight and if you stay on its sight, you'll end up dead. Or worse".

Benjamin felt a shiver run down his spine as Adeline's voice trailed off. He didn't want to ask any more questions about the beast, sensing that it was a sensitive topic for her. He thanked her for the warning and watched her disappear down the hallway. Then, he opened the door to his room, and found that it was just as magnificent as the rest of the castle. A four-poster bed dominated the center of the room, with fine linens and pillows. A warm fire burned in the hearth, and a small desk and chair were situated near the window, with a stack of books waiting to be read. As he settled in for the night, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off about the castle, and about Adeline. He decided to explore the library the next day and try to find a way out of the mountains.

*******************************

Chapter 2

The next morning, after a breakfast that was prepared for him, Benjamin made his way to the library. It was a massive room, with towering shelves filled with books of all kinds. He spent hours pouring over maps, hoping to find a way out of the mountains.

He decided to investigate further, but was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was Adeline, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Good morning, Mr. Walker," she said with a smile. "I hope you slept well."

"I did, thank you," he replied. "I was just exploring the library. And trying to find a way back".

"What were you doing exploring the Carpathian Mountains?"

"Just traveling. I left home in search for an adventure but ended up stuck in the woods".

"Trust me, you're not the first one. But at least, you didn't come to find the beast".
The woman whispered, placing her pale hands on the books in the shelf.

"I don't believe in monsters, miss Adeline", he stated, "What's about this beast that makes you so worried?"

"It killed some of my visitors. Why do you think I live all by myself in this giant castle?"

Benjamin raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I had no idea. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Adeline shook her head. "No, I have my own ways of dealing with it. But I appreciate the offer."

Benjamin nodded, understanding that she didn't want to discuss it further. He changed the subject. "This is a remarkable library you have here. Do you have any suggestions for books that might help me find my way out of these mountains?"

Adeline smiled. "As a matter of fact, I do. There's a book here that might help you".

She handed him a leather-covered book with no titles. "It was written by a traveler who spent many years exploring this region. I think you'll find it useful."

"Thank you, Miss Adeline," Benjamin said, grateful for her help.

As he was about to leave, Adeline spoke up again. "Mr. Walker, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course," Benjamin replied.

"What do you plan to do once you find your way out of the mountains?"

Benjamin paused, thinking about his answer. "I haven't decided yet. I suppose I'll continue my travels and see where they take me."

Adeline nodded thoughtfully. "That sounds like a wonderful adventure."

Benjamin smiled. "Yes, it is. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

With that, he left the library, eager to start reading the book and find a way out of the mountains.

He spent the whole day reading the book and tracing his way out of the mountains. When he had everything set for his journey, he decided to thank Adaline for her hospitality.

But a part of him just didn't want to leave her behind, alone in that castle and hiding herself from a monster that probably didn't even exist.

So he went against her warning, and headed towards the west wing of the castle. There were some minutes left until midnight. So, he quietly knocked on the door and waited for a response. When none came, he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

It was a dark and musty room, with old furniture covered in dust sheets. As he walked further into the room, his eyes adjusted to the darkness, and he saw a figure in the corner of the room.

It was Adeline, sitting on a wooden chair, staring at a painting on the wall. She looked up when she saw Benjamin.

"Mr. Walker, what are you doing here?" she asked, surprised.

"I wanted to thank you for your help and hospitality. And I couldn't leave without saying goodbye," Benjamin replied, looking at her intently.

Adeline smiled. "You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of help. But you shouldn't have come here. This part of the castle is dangerous."

"Dangerous? How so?", he asked, getting closer, but Adeline ran away from him.

"You were not supposed to be here, go away!"

"Adeline, I won't go if you do not explain to me what's going on!"

But the woman tried to stay hidden from him, and used her cape to cover her face while he tried to talk to her

"I don't want you to live this way, Adeline. Please, come home with me"

"Benjamin, if I go with you, I will hurt you. And I can't do it, not again and not with you!"

"Hurt me? What are you talking about?" Benjamin asked, confused.

Adeline let out a deep sigh. "I am not what you think I am, Benjamin. I am cursed, and those who get too close to me are in danger. That's why I live here, alone."

"Cursed? What kind of curse?" Benjamin asked, still not understanding.

Adeline hesitated for a moment before speaking. "I am a vampire, Benjamin. A creature of the night. And those who get too close to me are in danger of being killed, or turned into one as well."

Benjamin was stunned. He had never believed in such things, but he couldn't deny the truth in Adeline's words. The pale and cold skin, the sharp teeth, he thought it was only his mind playing games. The redness in her eyes and the castle being completely dark during the day. She was saying the truth. But he didn't realize it until she said it, because from the moment he laid his eyes on her, he didn't see a vampire. Instead, he saw the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Since the beginning, he felt drawn to Adeline in a way he couldn't explain.

He took a step closer to her and gently removed the cape from her face. What he saw surprised him. Adeline's face was marred by scars and burns, and her eyes were red, and filled with tears.

"Adeline, what happened to you?" Benjamin asked, his heart, breaking for her.

She looked away, unable to meet his gaze.

"It's a long story. One that I'm not proud of."

"Please, tell me," Benjamin said, reaching out to take her hand.

Adeline hesitated for a moment before replying, "It's a curse that has been placed on my family for generations. We are cursed to live a lonely and isolated life as vampires, and the curse can only be broken by true love."

"True love?" Benjamin repeated, "That sounds like a fairy tale."

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's true," Adeline insisted. "Over the years, my family has become feared and shunned by the locals, because they were selfish and unkind. No one never broke the curse, and it was passed from generation to generation. Everyone who entered on this castle tried to kill me, but... I killed them first", her tears were all over her face, "I couldn't help it! I preferred that they had killed me instead!"

"Stop saying this!", He shouted, "People might see you as a monster, as a beast, but the only thing I see is a gorgeous woman that received me in her castle, helped me find a way out of the woods and cared about my safety. You're no monster, Adeline".

She looked at him with surprise and disbelief. "How can you say that? You don't know what I am or what I'm capable of. You don't understand the curse that has plagued my family for generations."

Benjamin stepped closer to her, taking her hands in his. "I don't need to understand the curse to know that you're a kind and caring person. And I don't believe in judging people based on first impressions. I told you before, I don't believe in monsters".

Adeline's eyes filled with tears as she looked into his earnest gaze. "But how can you love someone like me? I'm cursed, and I'll only bring you misery and pain."

Benjamin shook his head, his voice unwavering. "You won't bring me pain, Adeline. I'll stay by your side and help you break this curse. I believe in true love, and I believe that it can conquer anything."

Adeline looked at him, her heart full of hope and love for the first time in years. "Do you really mean it? Will you stay with me, no matter what?"

Benjamin smiled, pulling her into his arms. "Yes, Adeline. I'll do whatever it takes to break this curse and be with you forever."

As they embraced, a powerful energy filled the room, and Adeline felt the curse begin to lift. The castle shook, and the ground beneath their feet trembled. But they held on to each other, determined to see the curse broken.

Finally, the shaking stopped, and a bright light filled the room. When it faded, Adeline and Benjamin found themselves standing in a beautiful garden, surrounded by blooming flowers and lush greenery.

Adeline looked around in wonder, realizing that the curse had been broken.

She turned to Benjamin, tears streaming down her face. "You did it. You broke the curse with your love."

Benjamin smiled, taking her hand in his. "No, Adeline. We broke the curse together, with our love."

Comentários